An AI-powered digital platform including the latest matchmaking technology – Where exhibitors, attendees, and speakers connect, learn, and discuss business with one another.
(Heidelberg / Addis Ababa) The coronavirus spread affects the trade-fair industry worldwide because of that important trade shows are being canceled. This has opened a new opportunity for Virtual trade fairs. The annual live events in different African countries across the continent are now united in one strong digital platform, Virtual agrofood & plastprintpack Africa that will be held from 23 – 26 November 2020. This virtual event aims to provide a platform for valuable business contacts between leading global manufacturers and decision-makers from the African agrofood & plastprintpack industry.
The main organizer Fairtrade is working hard to keep Agrofood & Plastprintpack community across Africa connected and inspired – even in challenging times like these. Prana Events, the local partner for Ethiopia, is ready to support local businesses operating on the food, beverage and packaging value chain, in liaising B2B meetings with global leaders in their field.
A unique concept covering the entire value chain, from field to fork
Africa Agrofood consists of the four sub-brands agro, food + bev tec, ingredients & food + hospitality
Africa Plastprintpack consists of the three sub-brands plast, print, and pack
Please see for yourself and make yourself familiar with
- Exhibitors from 13 countries
- 56 speakers on 30+ panel sessions, presentations & product demos
- Thousands of attendees from 60 countries who have already registered
Facts and figures on Africa’s Agrofood & Plastprintpack market:
- US$ 24 billion committed to agriculture by the AfDB
To diversify Africa’s economies and revive its rural areas, the African Development Bank (AfDB) has prioritized agriculture. The Bank has committed US$ 24 billion towards agriculture in the next ten years, with a sharp focus on agricultural industrialization.
- Africa’s imports of food processing & packaging technology make up €2.977 billion in 2018
This puts Africa on a par with Southeast Asia’s €2.893 billion but well ahead of South America’s €1.843 billion, Central America’s €1.775 billion, and the Middle East’s €1.678 billion.
- Demand for F&B ingredients rising continuously
Africa presently imports US$ 35 billion worth of food and agricultural products. According to the African Development Bank, Africa’s annual food imports are estimated to rise to US$ 110 billion by 2025.
- Africa’s plastics consumption – Strong and steady increase
Africa’s plastics consumption has grown by 5.2% annually over the past years, from 5,704 kt in 2011 to 8,075 kt in 2018, and is estimated to be 9,996 kt in 2022.
- Africa’s imports of packaging technology make up for €1.367 billion in 2018
This puts Africa well ahead of South America’s €680 million, Central America’s €669 million, and the Middle East’s €634 million
- Africa’s imports of printing & paper processing technology make up for €733 million in 2018
This puts Africa on a par with Southeast Asia’s €1.303 billion but well ahead of South America’s €952 million, Central America’s €860 million, and the Middle East’s €851 million.
Strong Institutional Support
- Ethiopian Food Beverage Pharmaceutical Industry Development Institute – EFBPIDI
- Ethiopian Pulses Oilseeds and Spices Processors Exporters Association – EPOSPEA
- Ethiopian Bottled Water, Soft Drinks, Fruits and Vegetable Processing & Manufacturing Industries Association – EBSFMIA
- Ethiopian Sugar and Sweets Producers Association – ESSPA
- Pan African Chamber of Commerce and Industries (Pacci)
- East African Business Council
- Kenya Association of Manufacturers
- Uganda National Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Tanzania National Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture
VDMA-The German Engineering Federation
- Amaplast-Italian Plastics and rubber processing machinery and Moulds manufacturers Association
- UCIMA- Italian Packaging Machinery Manufacturers’ Association
- Asoko Insight
For more information, visit: www.virtual-africa.net